Dermol 500 Lotion
Dermol 500 Lotion is an antimicrobial and emollient (softening and moisturising) treatment for application to dry or problem skin.
It is for use in two ways:
- as a leave-on application
- as a soap-substitute
It helps treat and prevent dry and itchy (pruritic) skin conditions, especially eczema and dermatitis.
All age groups can use Dermol 500 Lotion, including babies.
There are two types of the active ingredient in this product:
Benzalkonium chloride and chlorhexidine dihydrochloride are antimicrobials. These help to:
- combat bacteria present on your skin that can make eczema worse
- prevent infection caused by scratching itchy skin.
Liquid paraffin and isopropyl myristate are emollients that help to:
- soften, moisturise and protect your skin by trapping moisture in the skin and restoring the normal protective function of the skin
- prevent the skin-drying and irritant effects that can be caused by washing and bathing and by the soaps, foaming additives and fragrances used in ordinary skin cleansing products.
This product can be used in addition to any other emollients or treatments your doctor or pharmacist may have given or prescribed for you to treat your dry skin condition.
How to Use
Use it only on the skin. For maximum benefit, you should use this product on a regular basis and as often as required.
Before using the 500 ml bottle, turn the top of the pump dispenser anti-clockwise to unlock it.
After unlocking, you will need to press down the pump dispenser several times to prime the pump before any product is dispensed.
The same instructions apply for all age groups:
For use as a leave-on application
- Apply Dermol 500 Lotion to the affected areas.
- Gently smooth into the skin.
- If necessary, allow time for any excess to soak in. Do not rub the skin vigorously.
- Reapply as often as required.
- If you are applying another treatment to the same areas of skin as Dermol 500 Lotion, try to avoid mixing the two products. This can be achieved by applying the treatments alternately, leaving sufficient time to allow the previous application to soak in.
For use as a soap substitute
- Use Dermol 500 Lotion to wash with instead of your ordinary soap or shower gel. It will not foam or lather like ordinary cosmetic products.
- After washing, bathing or showering, pat the skin dry with a soft towel (avoid rubbing as this can make dry skin conditions worse).
The active ingredients in this product are benzalkonium chloride (0.1% w/w), chlorhexidine dihydrochloride (0.1% w/w), liquid paraffin (2.5% w/w) and isopropyl myristate (2.5% w/w).
The other ingredients are cetostearyl alcohol, macrogol cetostearyl ether (cetomacrogol 1000), phenoxyethanol and purified water.