Viagra Connect - 50mg Tablets
Viagra Connect is indicated in adult men with erectile dysfunction, which is the inability to achieve or maintain a penile erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance.
It works in exactly the same way as Viagra - by increasing blood flow to the penis.
In order for Viagra Connect to be effective, sexual stimulation is required.
Viagra Connect is an effective treatment for erection problems (EPs) in men aged 18 years and older.
It can help you to:
- Get an erection for sex
- Stay hard enough for sex
- Keep an erection for the duration of sex
Viagra Connect gets to work quickly
Viagra Connect is quickly absorbed: it takes 30–60 minutes to work.
When you take it with a meal that has a lot of fat in it, like a burger and chips, your body will take longer to absorb Viagra Connect.
Try and do the following to get the most out of Viagra Connect:
- Get in the mood. Viagra Connect usually starts to work within 30–60 minutes, so you can be ready when you need to be. Remember, taking Viagra Connect isn’t going to give you an instant erection; you need to be sexually aroused for it to work. You and your partner should engage in foreplay, just like you would if you weren’t taking medicine for erectile dysfunction (ED) – the medical name for erection problems (EPs)
- Relax. There’s no rush. Viagra Connect works for up to 4 hours after you take it – it will still work within this period of time, in response to sexual stimulation
- Watch what you eat. Viagra Connect can be taken with or without food. But if you take it after a meal that has a lot of fat in it, like a burger and chips, it might take a bit longer to start working
- Get familiar. If it’s been a long time since you had an erection, try masturbating before having sex so you can get used to the feeling of having an erection again
- Don’t give up. If Viagra Connect doesn’t work first time, don’t worry, getting used to having an erection again can take a while. Next time you’re ready, take another tablet – but never more than 1 a day
- Keep your options open. If Viagra Connect doesn’t work for you after several separate tries, talk to your pharmacist or doctor. You might need a different treatment – either for your erection problems, or for a condition that is contributing to them
- Always read the instructions. The Patient Information Leaflet, which you’ll find in the Viagra Connect box, tells you exactly what to do to get the best results from Viagra Connect, so it’s worth reading. In fact, it’s essential
How to take
The recommended dose is one 50mg tablet, taken with water, approximately 30-60minutes before sexual activity.
The maximum recommended dose of Viagra Connect is one tablet daily.
You may need to take Viagra Connect a number of times on different occasions (a max of 1 tablet daily) before you achieve a penile erection satisfactory for sexual activity.
If after several attempts on different dosing occasions you are still unable to achieve a penile erection sufficient for sexual activity you ought to seek further assistance.
You can contact one of our pharmacists via livechat, WhatsApp or telephone for a discreet chat.
Side effects and Cautions
Are Viagra Connect 50mg pills safe for everyone?
Men with the following health conditions should not take Viagra Connect 50mg tablets:
- Mild, moderate, or severe hepatic impairment (e.g. liver cirrhosis)
- Severe renal impairment
- Any anatomical impairment of the penis, such as Peyronie’s disease
- Loss of vision in one eye
- Inherited eye disease such as retinitis pigmentosa
- Bleeding issues such as haemophilia
- Stomach ulcers
- Rare hereditary problems including galactose intolerance, Lapp lactase
deficiency, or glucose-galactose malabsorption
Men with these cardiovascular (CV) issues must not use Viagra Connect 50mg tablets:
- Men who get breathless or experience chest pains with light or moderate
- Men who have been advised against sexual activity because of a CV
- Men who have had a stroke or myocardial infarction in the last 6 months
- Men with increased susceptibility to vasodilators including those with left
ventricular outflow obstruction (e.g. aortic stenosis), or those with the
rare syndrome of multiple system atrophy manifesting as severely
impaired autonomic control of blood pressure
Men who have been previously diagnosed with the following should consult with their GP before resuming sexual activity:
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Unstable angina
- Moderate to severe valvular disease
- Left ventricular dysfunction
- Hypertrophic obstructive and other cardiomyopathies
- Significant arrhythmias
- Severe cardiac failure
Men taking the following medicines must not use Viagra Connect 50mg pills:
- Nitrates, nitric oxide donors, or amyl nitrate (“poppers”)
- CYP3A4 inhibitors or alpha-blockers
Men taking the following medicines should consult a doctor before using Viagra Connect 50mg pills:
- Guanylate cyclase stimulators, such as riociguat
- Any other PDE5i
Are there any possible side effects to Viagra Connect 50mg tablets?
Any side effects associated with Viagra Connect 50mg tablets are usually very mild. They include:
- Blocked nose
Each tablet contains Sildenafil 50mg in addition to:
Core: microcrystalline cellulose, calcium hydrogen phosphate (anhydrous), croscarmellose sodium, magnesium stearate
Film coat: hypromellose, titanium dioxide (E171), lactose, triacetin, indigo carmine aluminium lake (E132)